Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Raggedy Ann and Andy Join WITSEC

Today I caught Lucy trying to collect supplies for a new science experiment. At least, I hope it is some experiment other than making Mommy and me into zombies. But wait, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Lucy woke up around 2:30 from her afternoon nap (too early if you ask me). Since Jacob was still asleep, she and I played in her room for a while. She flipped through some books and played with blocks and started pulling dolls off her shelf. Two of her dolls are Raggedy Ann and Andy. Each are about two feet tall with smiling faces and shiny, plastic eyes. You know, the eyes that have little black disks inside for pupils that slide around as if the dolls are looking around while they are being tossed around. Lucy took a special interest in Raggedy Ann and Andy. She tried to pull their eyes off. I stopped her the first time, then the second time, then a third time. Worried for her safety and theirs, I decided to remove them. The dolls, I mean, not their eyes. They have now joined the Witness Security Program, commonly known as the witness protection program. They've been moved to a new location and may rejoin the family at a later date. Here is their farewell picture.

Such lovely eyes


You may notice the lack of clothing on Raggedy Andy. He didn't rush off without an outfit. The true fate of his clothes will be revealed in the next blog post.

1 comment:

  1. Ruh, roh! Is it the case of the missing clothes?
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete