Tuesday, February 14, 2012

V-Day Review: Every Zombie Eats Somebody Sometime

Every Zombie Eats Somebody Sometime: A Book of Zombie Love Songs

Just in time for Valentine's Day, there's a book of zombie love songs. Well, it's a book of love songs rewritten with zombie lyrics. For example, this is the rewrite of the Beatles classic "Yesterday."
Yesterday,
All the zombies seemed so far away,
Now it looks like they're here to stay,
Oh, I'm hungry for something gray.
Suddenly,
I'm just half the man I used to be,
Part are falling off of me,
Oh the virus came on suddenly.
Why she
Had to bite me I don't now, she wouldn't say.
I said,
Something's wrong, now I want some brains.
And so on. The songs are all pop tunes from the 50s up to the 90s (I think that most recent song is Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" as "My Heart Will Taste Good"). Some songs are more hilarious than others and your knowledge of classic pop will help enjoy the parodies.

Each song has a zombie illustration at the start, either the performer as a zombie or something from the song ("You're the One That I Chomp," the gag version of "You're the One That I Want," has some "Grease" zombies). Other oddball romantic zombie pictures are included at the end of the individuals songs (dancing zombie couples, zombies at dinner with a violin-playing zombie, etc.). They're barely gruesome and clearly for comic effect. The best was a zombie wedding cake that's a pile of brains. The couple is feeding each other bites of brains. Cute and funny if you've got the right sense of humor.

I hope you have a great Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment