Monday, February 11, 2019

Rams Head World Beer Club Update for January 2019

I continue to sample the 150 beers on offer from Rams Head Tavern (see the first post here)...

At Rams Head Tavern at Savage Mill, I tried beer #100 Goose 312 (ABV 4.2%, IBU 18), an urban wheat ale from Goose Island Beer Company. The company write-up is this:
Inspired by the city of Chicago and densely populated with flavor, 312's spicy aroma of Cascade hops is followed by a crisp, fruity ale flavor delivered in a smooth, creamy body that's immensely refreshing.
I like wheat ales and this was a tasty rendition. I don't think it replaces Blue Moon or Hoegaarden, but I'm glad I had it and would drink it again. It's your classic cloudy wheat ale. I for one am not snobbish about drinking a beer from a can, though having the glass is nice.



I realize this is a bad showing, especially at the beginning. This shamefully short post is working to make me go more often. Look forward to a more substantial post next month, dear reader...


No comments:

Post a Comment