Thursday, February 6, 2020

Chuck E. Cheese!

We went to Chuck E. Cheese for a family birthday. When I was a kid and went to parties at Chuck E. Cheese, I remember playing arcade games like Defender and Gauntlet. They had a small section of carnival-type games where you could win tickets to trade in for prizes. A lot has changed in thirty plus years.

The Chuck E. Cheese we went to (in Bethesda) was almost entirely games with tickets. A lot of them are sports-themed. Basketball is a family-favorite since we have a hoop at home.

Using his head

Flying through the air with the greatest of ease

Older brother gives it a try

Another flying ball

A fun variant of Whack-a-Mole lets the player be a member of the Justice League whacking the villains who pop up. Who wouldn't want to bonk Sinestro, the Joker, or Lex Luthor on the head?

My daughter as Wonder Woman

Skee ball is a classic game that all our family loves.

The youngest rolls his best 

My older son was happy to find a more challenging (and maybe more realistic) basketball game. We played head-to-head and I was unable to beat him. That time has come!

Another air ball

Chuck E. Cheese does have some rides, though they are definitely aimed at the younger visitors. My youngest liked the getting lifted around a clock. They had a micro-carousel and other ride-on games.

Getting a lift

I don't remember the party food and party room from my childhood. Now, the room has a big screen with cartoons and other info and a wind tunnel with free tickets. Chuck E. himself was not as present as I remember. He did come out for pictures but I was away when he showed up.

The party room

We had to rush off and weren't able to cash in our tickets, so we will have to go back and get some of the fun stuff they offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment