Saturday, March 24, 2012

Naughts and Zeds: How Much Medicine

I've had an on again, off again cold since January 1. I finally bought some cold medicine of the Nyquil variety from the local grocery store. When I opened it up, I found the dosage instructions and saw this:


Now, where could I find a 5 ml spoon? Should I go back to the store? Maybe it's a teaspoon? I decided to experiment. I took a teaspoon from our silverware drawer and found a measuring cup. The measuring cup was no good because the smallest measure is 50 ml. I remembered that the children's Tylenol came with a little cup. I took that from the medicine cabinet and, sure enough, it had teaspoon and tablespoon measurements on it. The measurements were also given in metric, so I could see that one teaspoon roughly equals 5 ml. Rather than use their medicine cup, I used the teaspoon to take my medicine.

I'm feeling much better now. Yay for English medicine!

No comments:

Post a Comment