Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Geocaching November 2021

Near our gym is a multi-cache called LOB: I don't remember what I put on the log. This cache uses the certitude site to confirm that you've found the first stage of the cache. The second (and final) stage was up the hill. I had trouble finding the cache but I was making a false assumption. When I expanded the radius of my search I achieved success.

Stages 1 & 2 in the same photo!

Oh, and I have no idea what the title of the cache is referring to...maybe the cache owner gave it a name and forgot what it was. I didn't see any name on it, maybe they forgot the name because they forgot to give it a name. I'm not sure what the "LOB" refers to either.

I went back to a previous cache that had a utility truck with the driver sitting around waiting to be called. This visit, the area was clear and I was able to drive to within ten feet of the cache. Dick's cache was almost a drive-thru cache! 

I should have got Dick's Sporting Goods in the mirror

On the other side of the shopping plaza was another cache that had muggles all over it. This time, I had to drive through a gaggle of geese! The cache, A B C, was easy to find once I was able to get near ground zero.

Cache nearby, geese in the back

Out running errands another day, I found some quick park and grab caches. First was All Gray cache which was in the parking lot of a gas station. Luckily ground zero was off on the side where it was less visible to the customers.

The side with the cache

The gas station's convenience store

The Blue Fish... is not too far away. It's in the back of a business park and the nearby buildings are waiting for renters. I didn't need to be too stealthy here. The container explains the name of the cache.

Maybe it should be called "Three Blue Fish"?

My final cache for that outing, Hold My Dollars..., was another drive up cache out in the middle of the parking lot. The only car nearby looked like an employee's car that would be there for the day. Again, I didn't need too much stealth even with the open exposure. The cache is a pill container, but originally was just a money clip. The log must have gotten too wet for that to last. There's a Dollar Tree and a bank nearby. Either of those can stand in for the rationale of the name (or maybe both can). 

Definitely not named after the BBQ restaurant shown here

No comments:

Post a Comment