Monday, January 21, 2019

A Special Dinner by My Daughter

My daughter decided to have a special dinner for the family. She planned pies with customer-chosen fillings. First, she made the crusts. We had some leftover pie crust (the refrigerated kind from the store) from the holidays. With a couple of muffin tins, she was well on her way.

Making pie crusts

Cutting the dough

Shaping the crusts

She also made a generic sauce to go with the pies. The filling choices included bacon, chicken, ham, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and more.

Generic but tasty

Before the main course (and to provide time to make the pies), she offered drinks and appetizers.

On offer

Taking orders

I had the onion soup, which was delightful, especially with a Merlot.

First course

Since I had onion with the soup, I ordered a bacon/chicken/pepper pie, which was also delightful.

My pie

Kids ordered from a kids' selection, including a pizza pie. My youngest was happy for a pizza pie.

Doesn't want to miss a crumb

Working on the pies

Dessert was not on the menu. We had plenty of options from Christmas celebrating--we didn't mind leftovers!

It was a great meal and we loved it. Thanks, my number one daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment