Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Book Review: My Hero Academia Vol. 17 by Kohei Horikoshi

My Hero Academia Volume 17 by Kohei Horikoshi


The heroes continue their attack on the yakuza secret base. They are trying to free a young girl named Eri who has been used for her blood. That blood is a key ingredient in a concoction that erases quirks, the special abilities that almost everyone has, resulting in the huge number of superheroes and supervillains in the story. This issue is mostly the battle, though the heroes discover (the hard way) that the bad guys have perfected the formula and weaponized it in the form of special bullets. Being My Hero Academia, even when a character loses his quirk he still fights like a hero. Heroism is a choice, not an accident.

Surprisingly little happens in this issue, other than lots of fights. The situation is sapping my will to read. I'll give this another issue, hopefully the story will pick up.

Mildly recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment