Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Geocaching September 2021

A nearby church with a large complex has a couple of geocaches on the grounds. I found two of them. First was Grace 3 Again in one corner of the property. It's a reimplementation of a previous cache. The cache is up on a small hill and I am afraid that I scared a groundhog that was relaxing in the shade. He ran off; I ran up and found the cache fairly easily. 

Where the groundhog lies

Further down the property line are fence posts without any fencing in between them. I guess people just know not to cross the imaginary line? The next cache is called Where's the Fence? and, as one might guess, the cache is hidden quite cleverly on a post.

Maybe it's a magical fence?

In a local townhouse neighborhood is Yellow - Black Bottom.... This cache is also hidden on a hill, but down the hill, not up! I needed a little advice from the hint to find the right spot.

Not in the obvious spot

Two caches are hidden in a nearby supermarket parking lot. The Gray Top Cache... is on the front end of the lot and is a standard hide in some dense but safe foliage.

Whack those bushes!

The other cache, Black Friday Deal, is out back of the store. I walked from front to back since it was not very far and seemed like a waste of gas to get to ground zero.

The cache is back that way.

I found a trail into the woods which led to a bunch of cardboard boxes, some covered with plastic bags. It looked more like a homeless person's stash than a geocache. I looked around and didn't see anyone. Then I double checked the cache's log to see if others ran into the situation. The boxes must have shown up since the last visitor. I moved on to the cache location and saw a car drive up near the trailhead. I assumed it was another cacher ready to hunt. I made the find and headed back out. The lady was smoking and asked me if I was taking a shortcut. I said the cache was still there and she gave me a quizzical look. I realized she was a muggle and probably she assumed I was not entirely sane. I head back to my car. She drove off in hers rather quickly.

We've made it to 507 caches found!

No comments:

Post a Comment