Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Rams Head World Beer Club Update for February and March 2019

It's been a slow winter for my beer club drinking. We've had a bunch of other family activities and not enough celebrations to get out to Rams Head Tavern at Savage Mill. Here's what I sampled in the last two months:

#36 is Vienna Lager (5.2% alcohol by volume) from Devil's Backbone. What's a Vienna-style lager? The restaurant lists this beer under the Dark Amber section. It was satisfying and unlike most other lagers. It's not too sweet and not too bitter and yet still distinctive enough. It hasn't become a new favorite but it will definitely get preferential treatment.

Vienna Lager

#51 is Affligem Blonde (6.7% alcohol by volume) from Affligem Global. The brewery goes back to 1074 A.D. when a group of knights became monks and founded a monastery in the town of Affligem. This beer is easy to drink with a fine flavor. The Belgium influence is there--I did detect a nutty flavor. I enjoyed it a lot. Belgium is still my favorite source for beers.

Affligem Blonde

I went out twice for drinks, hopefully Spring will bring more tastings my way.

See my past adventure:
  Initial Post
  January 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment