Monday, November 11, 2019

MD Fall Geocaches

I bought some supplies at the BSA Scouting store near BWI airport. Since the weather was nice, I found a couple of geocaches in that area.

The first cache was about a block away at a VFW Post. The cache, Cold War Bull Fighter, is somewhere near their TM-61 Matador missile. I couldn't find the cache, which was disappointing. Still, the location was a fun spot. The Matador was a surface to surface missile. During the Cold War it had a nuclear warhead.

TM-61 Matador

Another angle

They also had a piece of artillery

In a nearby business park is FTF Bait, an easy cache just on the edge of their parking lot. My only problem was some worker sitting in their car on a cell phone break. I waited for her to go back to work lest I look like some ne'er-do-well up to no good. By the time she left, a semi-truck rolled up, making me wait another couple of minutes. Once the coast was clear, I was able to find the cache fairly easily.

The cache location, more or less

At a small business/office complex, the courtyard has a fun sculpture. Don't Stand Out in the Rain might be the name of the statue too, not just the geocache.

Approaching ground zero

The statue


No comments:

Post a Comment