Monday, July 13, 2020

Northside Park, Ocean City, Maryland

On our little beach vacation, we went to Northside Park so the kids could take advantage of the playgrounds and I could get some geocaching in. The park also has a lot of ball fields for all sort of balls (baseball, basketball, soccer ball, etc.). The fields were closed because of the pandemic shutdown. We had enough to keep us occupied.

The older kids were surprised to find an exercise area. I went in with them to check out the equipment.

Entrance to exercise

Leg work

More leg work (with a little arm work thrown in)

Rowing machine without boat or oars

They enjoyed it a lot though some of the machines were mystifying. Each one had a short description of how to use the machine written in Ikea-form. That is, the pictures had no words and you had to work out how to do the exercises. Even I found it confusing.

The proper playground was the destination of our youngest, who spent a good deal of time exploring and pretending to be a Ninja Warrior.

Playground

Having dropped off the older kids at the playground, I went in search of the geocache Bushy Bush Bush. Even with the hint I could not find the cache. A lot of people were walking around in the park, making me a little more cautious than usual.

I found bushes but not caches

Another cache, Bill's Beach Box is Back, was located on the other side of the park. I took a leisurely stroll in the right direction, enjoying the views from a small bridge.

View toward the ocean (with no ocean to see)

View toward the bay

This cache was near an open field with lacrosse players practicing. After some searching, I could not find this cache either! My phone buzzed with a text that the kids were ready to go back to our rental. I walked over to the bay where they were throwing in rocks.

Bay approach

On our way out, the kids decided to try out one more park feature.

Wobble board fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment