Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Geocaching January 2024

The geocaching year started for me on January 3 when I found Dad Jokes while running an errand. Click through the link to see what people posted as Dad Jokes!

A typical hiding area

During another errand I found Scouts Honor, which had to be the most blatantly out-in-the-open cache I have ever found. And yet, it is well camouflaged. It is in the picture below but you probably can't spot it unless you have already found it.

Somewhere in there

I attended a different Monday morning meet up on MLK Day (since the usual coffee club doesn't meet on Federal holidays). Afterward, I walked over to Paul's Scrap Parts #1, which was in the same shopping plaza as the meet up. I made the find fairly quickly, getting the log out of one small container that was in a larger container. After I signed the tiny log, I dropped the lid for the small container in the snow. Reaching around, I found a solid round object that I thought was the lid but was really an acorn in the grass under the snow. After more feeling around, I found a lot more acorns. Eventually, the lid was discovered and I was able to put the cache back together and into its place. Yikes!

A troublesome lamp post cache

The next week, I found End of the Sidewalk 2... after we had another snowfall. The sidewalk was mostly shoveled so the find was easy.

Huh, the road ends too!

While running errands, I found Why Emcee A cache? that was near a Baltimore Ravens rally.

Ravens Rally

Geo-view

I found an Unknown Cache (which involved solving a puzzle) called Pedal Puzzler near Lake Elkhorn, though not near enough to get a good picture.

No, that's not the lake

I found my first cache on the Odenton Cache Challenge Trail--#2: 100 Attributes Challenge. The trail is a set of challenge caches, each one requiring the completion of a different challenge. This particular cache wants the finder to have found caches with 100 different attributes, which I had achieved just through regular caching. I have qualified for about ten of the trails thirty or so caches, so I will be back!

Another typical spot


No comments:

Post a Comment