Saturday, June 4, 2011

Always Training

This morning for a snack the children had banana muffins while the parents had banana bread. Naturally there was a knife on the table for cutting the bread. Jacob saw it and asked me this question:

"Daddy, can we knife fight?"

My wife gave me a strange look and then asked Jacob if I was training him to be an assassin. Jacob responded with a smile on his face and a glint in his eyes:

"Yes, I am training to be an assassin."

This got a good laugh from me and a nervous laugh from my wife.

Sometimes Jacob and I will have little fights with spoons or forks at the kitchen table, as if we were sword fighting. What sounds better to a boy (little or big) than the clashing of metal on metal? Jacob decided to take it one step further today, clearly overstepping his boundaries.

I fetched some spoons from the drawer so we could have some good fun after our snack. And be ready to kill any ice cream sundaes that come our way.

1 comment:

  1. I approve. Jacob needs to know how to defend himself when the zpocalypse comes.

    ReplyDelete