Thursday, October 10, 2019

Rams Head World Beer Club Update Summer 2019

More beers from the World Beer Club at Rams Head Tavern!

Maui Coconut Hiwa (6.0% alcohol by volume) from Maui Brewing Company. I tried to have the Maui Pineapple beer but they were out. I went with their recommendation, the Maui Coconut Hiwa, a porter with flavors of coconut and mocha. I tasted more of the mocha than the coconut. The porter was the most dominant flavor, overshadowing both the coconut and the mocha. I thought this was just okay, though I am looking forward to the pineapple wheat beer if they get it back in stock.

This is not the beer you are looking for

St. Michael's Amber Ale (5.5% alcohol by volume) from Eastern Shore Brewing. It's a nice amber ale from a (sort of) local brewery. The beer wasn't anything exceptional and I did a bad job of pouring it as the picture below shows.

St. Michael's Amber Ale

Whoops!

Scottish Ale (5.2% alcohol by volume) from Belhaven Brewery. This is a smooth drinking amber ale with flavors of biscuit and nuts. I'm pretty sure I drank this back in the UK days. It is from Scotland and is the brewery's most popular concoction. After 300 years in business, they have definitely perfected this one.

No accidental head here!

See my past adventures:
  Initial Post
  January 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment