Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Cute Kid Pix May 2024

More pictures that didn't make their own post...

May is the concert season for our school children. First, the eldest had a pops concert at the beginning of the month. His concert band played music from the recent Star Trek reboot. The Wind Ensemble played Led Zeppelin in Concert. Both were delightful.

Concert!

The eldest also had his driver's license test, which he passed. I watched a short bit of it from the sideline. Maryland has a long portion on actual roads, so I couldn't see everything.

Parking in the MVA parking lot

During one day of long errands, I stopped off at the Guinness Open Gate Brewery and had a quick lunch. I paired the caesar salad with Give It a Chai, a stout with chai spice flavor that was very delightful. I sampled the Pineapple Coconut Stout which only reaffirmed my theory that beer and fruit don't mix well (unless you are talking about a lime wedge in a Corona).

A quick lunch

The library had a program for kids to pet dogs, so my youngest went. He's a bit skittish around animals, so the experience was definitely a good one.

Not dual-wielding, but something like it

More concerts came the next week. My elementary scholar played his bass in the same auditorium where his older sister played her cello a day later.

Elementary Orchestra

High School Orchestra

We did not see any of the aurora borealis during those solar storms but we did see a sweet rainbow in our neighborhood.

A full arc?

My wife is the treasure at the end of the rainbow

The kids hiked by some rock formation while I was somewhere else. My wife got these pictures.

King of the mountain

Getting dethroned

Happy hiker

During a walk back from school, we spotted two new families in the neighborhood.

Traffic on the waterways

We went on a scout hike and discovered a big worm and the joys of a creek beach.

Centi- or Milli-?

Cricket Creek beach

Epic throw time!

Crossing the creek

Uh-oh!

Made it!

On the way out to celebrate our niece's graduation, we stopped off at South Mountain Creamery and had a treat along with a quick peek at the cows.

Shy about having a picture taken

Not shy about having a picture taken

Back at home, my youngest's school had their field day where everyone plays outdoor games. I volunteered to run the Buddy Walkers, which is a sort of synchronized ski walking. My son walked by once but did not play my game. Later, as he was packing to go home, I got a picture of him sitting in the principal's chair. He got it as a prize from a silent auction fundraiser--he got to use it for a week at his classroom desk.

As close as he got to me during field day

More festivities

Principal's chair in 4th grade!

I usually take a short cut walking back from school. One morning I caught some deer hanging out in our little woods.

A zoomed in shot

We visited Centennial Park in Columbia, Maryland, to do some geocaching and play at one of the playgrounds.

Working together

Do you think I want my picture taken?

A little relaxation

I visited my sister in Virginia and the only picture I took was of my steak at Outback Steakhouse. Whoops!

Sirloin with lobster mac!


No comments:

Post a Comment