Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ultimate Survival Shotgun

The Art of Manliness blog has a posting titled: Arming Yourself for the Zombie Apocalypse: How to Build the Ultimate Survival Shotgun. It's a step-by-step guide to stocking a Mossberg 500 Pump Action shotgun with all the equipment you'll need to rough it through the worst of the inevitable undead uprising.

The author reviews the basic survival needs for any apocalypse:
Ultimately your survival needs fall into five main categories.  Your situation dictates the order.  They are:
  • Water
  • Fire
  • Shelter
  • Signaling
  • Food
Every survival kit must include contents that directly or indirectly meet these five basic survival needs.
The article is fascinating and I wish I could make one myself. If only I had the spare time. And the skills. And I'm sure the English authorities might frown on such a project.

My favorite part is at the end, where he explains how keeping morale and motivation high is critical in any survival situation. He added this modification:



Who knew Psalm 23 is really about the zombie apocalypse? "The valley of the shadow of death" makes prefect sense now. I'll never pray it the same way again!

Hat tip to Happy Catholic for letting me know about this post. I am definitely subscribing to the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment