Thursday, April 5, 2012

Random Pics in April 2012

Now that Easter is almost here, we had our third snow storm. After a week of high 60s/low 70s (Fahrenheit) weather, the cold damp has come back to Yorkshire. Here's some proof:

Early April or late January?

Lucy and I made an interesting train track layout while Jacob was at school. At least I thought it was interesting enough to take a picture of it:

Can't imagine what sort of town this layout would service

This track is the first layout to integrate the four-way bridge and the roundabout. All the ends are ramps or blocks, so there's no unfinished ends. I may be the only person excited by that.

In other exciting news, we had some Jehovah's Witnesses come to the house a few days ago. I was caught a little off guard, as were they, I think. They were a nice looking elderly couple who were surprised that I answered the door on a Monday morning just before lunch. They gave me this invitation:

The guy on the end looks like a mash-up of Charlton Heston and Ted Danson

I thanked them and wished them a good Easter. They moved on to the next house. I'm not sure if it's okay to invite such folk in or even if they'd welcome the invitation. We used to get lots of visits in Maryland though our conversations were limited to the front porch. I've always hankered for a more in-depth discussion. Maybe next time I will try it out.

I will not, however, attend the Thursday meeting. Today (April 5, 2012, as I publish this) is Holy Thursday and we plan to be at our local parish for Maundy Thursday Mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment